While I was trying to maintain a garden in Dubai, I learned where to buy cheap plants, which plant shops are close to the city center, buying flowers without leaving the comfort of my home (AKA online shopping). To save you some time researching and experimenting I wrote this article. Let me know in the comments if you know other plant shops that I can add here.
Considering the location and variety of the products, Garden Center is one of the most convenient plant shops in Dubai. It is located on the Sheikh Zayed Road and has parking spaces in the back and front (paid) of the shop. Aside from plants and pots, here you can find some furniture and grills too. Keep an eye on the fun events going on here like cat adoption days, flower workshops and markets. Garden Centre is also home to the businesses listed below.
- Roseleaf Cafe – a cute little coffee shop looking over the plants outside. I like to go there for breakfast. They have a delicious and healthy menu. With the purchase of 8 cups coffee or any other hot drink 9th one is on them. Don’t forget to ask for a punch card.
- House of Prose – a secondhand bookshop. They offer %50 refund (in store credit) on return of their books.
- Tucked Away Tailor – a tailor for your curtain and cushion needs.
- Swiftrooms – a family business providing windows, doors and glass rooms.
It is a plant nursery with a research lab. They have a wide range of indoor and outdoor plants available for sale. Check out their Instagram page for all the gorgeous flowers and trees they have.
Ikea sells houseplants mostly. You can easily find decorative vases and pots to go with them. They have some good plant stand solutions for outdoors. If you have a small balcony it is worth taking a look.
Ace sells indoor and outdoor plants, gardening equipment (gloves, shovels etc.) and seeds.
Where to Buy Cheap Plants?
Euro Coorg Landscape
This is a cute plant shop located next to Emirates Coop in Al Sufouh. It is at Abdullah Omran Taryam St. near where it connects to Hessa St.
Plant Shops In Satwa
There are a couple of plant shops here where you can find good deals. They are gathered around Al Hudaiba Street. Use Google Maps to find exact locations.
There are a group of plant nurseries located in Al Warsan, near Dragon Mart. The photo below is taken there. There are plenty of options to buy plants and pots. Also, the prices are cheaper compared to other shops in Dubai.
Community Groups on Facebook
In these groups, people who are moving out or don’t have enough space sell their stuff. It’s easy to find a decent size plant or a ceramic pot. I also see a lot of aloe vera plant for sale ads too.
Buy Plants Online
Below there is a list of websites that deliver to Dubai. In my experience, their retail shops have a wider selection than their website.
Where to buy an artificial plant?
- Widely available in furniture and home decor stores
- Both Dragon Marts have a couple of shops that sell only artificial plants.
- Most department stores (IKEA, ACE, Bloomingdale’s) carry them as well.
I gather you like nature. Would you like to sip a cup of coffee surrounded by flowers and trees? Here is list of coffee shops in Dubai where you can do that.